The Alliance for Community Agriculture (CAA) is pleased to announce another round of funding for the micro-loan program, focused on providing short-term, low-interest micro-loans to producers local agriculture. The program is funded by generous donors who truly believe in investing in agriculture.
A committee of CAA board members will accept and review loan applications, with a deadline of December 15, 2021. Applications will be reviewed in December with notification in early January. The terms and amounts of the loans will be based on specific project details, but will focus on existing local agricultural producers.
Key details for applicants to consider:
• Must be an existing business or farm, with a particular interest in food production in the Yampa Valley.
• Must be 18 years of age and over, or have an adult co-signer
• Must adhere to the CAA Anti-Discrimination Policy and be a current CAA member
• Loans exclude general operation, purchase or rental of land; requests must focus on a specific need or project directly related to agricultural production
• Loans are small (less than $ 10,000) and short term (3 months to 2 years) with an interest rate of 2.5%
• Funds from loan repayment will be returned to the CAA micro-loan fund.
• CAA is pleased to accept additional donations in support of this new program.
Micro-loan project ideas to consider:
• Additional fence or electric fence
• Row covers
• Drip irrigation supplies
• Solar pump for watering livestock
• Seed cover crops for erosion control or soil health
• New spray nozzles or boom for improved application
• Planting trees or seedlings for animal habitat or windbreaks
• New door on the existing head door for better water control
• Additional channel on the existing system for better water control
For more information and questions, contact Michele Meyer at 879-4370 or [email protected]
PRESS RELEASE | Herald Times Special